COME JOIN OUR TEAM
We are a passionate team looking to make much of Jesus in this world. Do you think you could be a good fit for our culture?
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and portfolio if you have one.
Vision of the Position
Calvary Assembly is opening up a position for communications director. We are looking for someone who is passionate about clear and compelling communications and helping people far from God come to know Him. We desire someone who is a big picture thinker – that can dream big dreams – and also can put on paper a clear plan with plenty of time to get projects done. The ideal candidate has the eye of an artist and the mind of a strategist. It’s important to us that our church knows our vision and our values and that is our guiding light for our communications.
- Ability to lead, recruit and manage teams
- Ability to work with high-energy staff
- Ability to manage and recruit both paid help and training of volunteers to assist in our communications efforts
- Provide creative direction and oversight
- Create clear and compelling content that can adapt to different mediums
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A strategic thinker
- Able to create and hold others to deadlines
- Knowledge of marketing, branding and social media
- Knowledge of current communication strategies and tools
- Likes to laugh
Not Required, but helpful
- Ability to use Adobe creative suite software (software provided)
- Online church engagement experience/vision
- Experience as a UX Designer, UI Designer or similar role
- Basic knowledge of After Effects and Premiere Pro
- Strategy: Develop and implement an effective church-wide communications strategy across all channels
- Support: Work with and support each ministry area to develop effective communications for their specific audience
- Continuity: Bridge communications between departments to ensure consistent messaging
- Social Media: Develop and oversee all social media strategies to build a following on the various platforms
- Web: Responsible for maintaining and updating the website on a regular basis
Branding: Oversee branding and style guidelines and ensure that all media adhere to these guidelines
- Visuals: Oversee all printed and online materials for both internal and external audiences
- Sundays: Oversee everything visual and aesthetic on Sunday mornings to have a cohesive look. Examples include creating youtube thumbnails, ensuring text and visuals for both in-person and online are clear and compelling, social media is engaging and relevant, and oversight of the photography team
- Volunteers: Recruit and develop volunteers who are interested in using their gifts in communications
- Management: Lead and manage the work of the Graphic Designer/Videographer, contracted communications help, and volunteers
- Content: Advise and coordinate online content creation, including repurposing content or helping create new content to be shared online (ex/ Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, etc.)
- Systems: Develop systems to organize, prioritize and communicate promotional items related to Calvary Assembly
- Organized: Organized and able to manage multiple projects
- Love Jesus and follow Jesus
- Attend Calvary Assembly as their home church
- Embrace a high biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle
- Agree to and adhere to the church’s statement of faith and leadership commitment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to advocate for what they think is best
- Flexible to implement ideas, even when they are not their first choice
- Contributes to a healthy workplace environment
- Reports to Executive Pastor
- 40 hours/week
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Schedule: Sunday 8am-2pm, Tues-Fri 9am-5pm, occasional other assignments
EXPLORE OUR CHURCH
Curious to know more about our church and culture? Our youtube channel is a great place to start.
WHAT IS CALVARY ASSEMBLY LIKE?
Calvary Assembly is a safe place to find faith, friends, and your future. The church was founded in 1985 as a home church. When our current lead pastor, Pastor Bob, took over 21 years ago, there were 25 people; a small yet passionate community with big dreams. Through God’s faithfulness, our church has grown significantly in our influence in our community. We value serving our community and helping people find freedom in Jesus. We LOVE the people in our community and believe we are just getting started in being able to make an impact for the Gospel in Rochester, NY.
OUR HOME: ROCHESTER NY
Rochester, NY is home to a vibrant community with deep roots. The Eastman Kodak Company was the industry Rochester was built on, making ingenuity and creativity part of the heartbeat of our city.
To learn more about Rochester, check out the Explore Rochester instagram page, the Rochester Wiki Page. Seriously, read through our local history. It’s wild! While you’re at it, don’t forget to hit up some of our favorite local spots.
The best remote-work spot is definitely Matilda’s Coffee, located in the heart of the Neighborhood of the Arts. From there, you’ve definitely got to check out our resturant scene — Good Luck, Lulu Taqueria, and Ferrari’s being among some of our team’s favorites.